Unfortunately we do not offer an apprenticeship training position in 2019.
Since 2010, AGO AG Energie + Anlagen offers the possibility of combining academic studies with an apprenticeship in cooperation with the University of Hof. In comparison to the typical working life starting with an apprenticeship which is followed by academic studies, students save up to two years with the dual course.
Moreover, their apprenticeship and internships absolved in the company will be financially compensated.
Type of studies:
Mechanical engineering focused on water and the environment in combination with training as an engineering draftsman for heating, air conditioning and sanitary engineering
Vocational baccalaureate diploma or general higher education entrance qualification (equivalent of A-levels)
Within 4.5 years „Bachelor of Engineering“ in Mechanical Engineering and „Engineering Draftsman“
- 1st year: Apprenticeship in the company / block lessons at the corresponding professional school of Kulmbach
- 2nd year: Studies of mechanical engineering at the University of Hof, basic studies (1st and 2nd semester) and during semester break, block internship in the company and lessons at corresponding professional school, intermediate examination by the Chamber of Industry and Commerce
- 3rd year: Studies of mechanical engineering at the University of Hof, core study period (3rd and 4th semester), during semester break, block internship in the company and lessons at corresponding professional school
- 4th year: 1st term: Studies of mechanical engineering at the University of Hof (5th semester), internship with project report, and then final examination as engineering draftsman at the Chamber of Industry and Commerce. 2nd term: studies of mechanical engineering at the University of Hof (6th semester), special focus on water and the environment
- 5th year: 1st term: studies of mechanical engineering (7th semester), special focus on water and the environment, at the end of the term Bachelor’s Thesis and final examination at the University of Hof
- graduation (apprenticeship) and university degree plus profound working practice in a company at same duration of study
- financial support during the study period at University & apprenticeship compensation for the time spent in the company
- close relationship between company and student
- strong integration of „company education“ and higher education (university)
- implementation of theoretical knowledge into practice
- search for internships unnecessary